5 Tools To Have Handy On Moving Day
Moving from one place to another is one of the most stressful times in a persons life, usually. However, by preparing in the right way, you can be sure that you make this day less stressful and much more exciting. Too often, people are not prepared for their move, especially when it comes to gathering the right moving tools. Here are five moving tools to be sure you have handy on moving day:
- Utility Knife: Opening up taped boxes once you arrive to your new place is much easier when you have a utility knife. You can also use a utility knife to cut through the rope that may be holding some of the furniture in place during the commute. Utility knives are a much better option than believing kitchen knives will do the trick, which is dangerous and can lead to a serious injury.
- Hammer: Most likely, you aren't going to be hammering anything on moving day. However, you do want to have a hammer ready when you are taking pictures off the walls. You can use the back of the hammer to remove the nails, which is going to save you time so you don't have to return to this task later on.
- Screwdriver: Even if you are going to be using a large truck that should help accommodate for your large furniture without having to take it apart, it's still a good idea to have a screwdriver handy. There may be some parts of the furniture that needs to be removed, such as the legs of chairs and desks in order to move them through doors and lay them flat in the truck. Just be sure that you save the pieces in a safe spot and label what piece goes to each piece of furniture.
- Trash Bags: Trash bags aren't necessarily a tool, but they certainly come in handy on moving day. You are going to be throwing away more things than you think. Plus, they can be used for packing some last minute things, such as toiletries and clothing.
- Dolly: Having a dolly handy is the best way to move multiple boxes all at once. You will have a long day ahead of you if you have to carry each box out of the old home and into the new home one by one.
By knowing some of the essential moving supplies to have handy on moving day, you can be sure that the day moves as smoothly as possible.